Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI Showing Layer 1 DEACTIVATED

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have an office where the D channel on one of the PRI's is down and when I run the show ISDN Status I get the following output:

ISDN Serial0/1/0:23 interface
        dsl 2, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
        L2 Protocol = Q.921 0x0000  L3 Protocol(s) = CCM MANAGER 0x0003
    Layer 1 Status:
        DEACTIVATED
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 2 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x00000000
    Number of L2 Discards = 4, L2 Session ID = 110
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

I have a ticket open with the carrier who keeps telling me they can loop up to the smart jack, and that the patterns they are running are all coming back clean but layer 1 is down.

Am I correct that this has to be a physical issue?  No layer one connectivity means I am dead in the water until someone goes to the MPOE at the site and checks the circuit out, right?

Just looking for a sanity check here.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

3 Replies 3

Humza Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vicky,

Please share your router pri configurations that you have done. As well make an e1 loopback rj45 connector for testing pri router port. For creating PRI loopback view the below given link. 

http://www.fryguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/T1-Loopback.jpg

Regards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza,

Thank you for your feedback.  This is an MGCP gateway and has been up and running with these PRI's for years.  With that said, are you suggesting the issue may be with the router port this PRI is plugged into?

Layer 1 deactivated is either a cabling issue or it could also be the PRI card. Have you changed the ISDN cable? Do you have a spare card to test with?

Please rate all useful posts