Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in UCCX Ver. 8

I have IPCC express

server Ver.8

The problem that when any supervisor opens the CSD client (Cisco Supervisor Desktop) while opening CAD (Cisco Agent Desktop) his CAD status alternates between In Service and Partial Service only when he have any call, while in the CSD, the agents tree flickers rapidly preventing the supervisor from monitoring the status of the agents or viewing any logs.

any one can advice please ????

9 Replies 9

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you have QOS properly configured on the network on ALL switches?  And do you have any of those small brand X devices (cheap layer 2 switches...they seem to just APPEAR in call centers)?

QOS is required.  If you have the non enterprise class layer 2 switches in there, you need to remove them.

Cliff

no i don't have layer 2 switches , is it normal to run CAD and CAD in the same time on  one pc?

Not unusual at all.

I have seen problems with various telephony applications when the PC was overloaded.  We had a specific problem where the customer had an SMS server that put an unbelieveable load on their workstations.  If you have too much stuff running in the background on the machine, you may have to offload some of it, or get a more powerful box.

It should not have an issue running both at the same time.

Cliff

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have a customer that has reported similar behaviour. In this case the Supervisor and Agent PCs are located across a WAN from the servers (HA deployment).

I am going to look at the issue in January and will update the thread if I find anything useful.

CiscoKWill
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having same issue with the flickering in the agents, did anyone get this issue fixed?

Yes.

Correctly setup network QOS is manditory.

If the PC is overloaded with security software, encryption software, SMS type management software, etc. so that insuffiicent CPU cycles are available to the program this will happen as well.  The fix is to remove/off load those things.

Once you address the above, the problem generally goes away.

Cliff

We had this problem and it was a version mismatch of the CAD agents.

Ensure all Supervisors and Agents are on the same version and the flicker will go away.

I've seen flickering agents in CSD when the Windows firewall is enabled on the CAD PC.  Try disabling it.

Scott Scheie
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed this after we upgraded from 7.0(1)SR4 to 8.0(2)SU3.  When monitoring CAD Agents from CSD, you would notice flickering of various agents.  The fix for us was as follows:

According to the compatibility matrix for UCCX 8.0(2) SU3 the CAD version should be 8.0.2.400 and not 8.0.2.9 - use the matrix to determine which CAD/CSD version you should be using.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

You should be able to follow the below steps to try and fix that issue.

1. Uninstall CAD from any affected      machine.
  2. Also uninstall any CAD      client release if any.
  3. Type regedit in the run      box and navigate to HKLM -> Software and delete the spanlink folder.
  4. Reboot the machine.
  5. Run the client      configuration utility from the plugins and then install the CAD plugin.
  6. Make sure the CAD      version is 8.0.2.400 and then check if those agents are displayed in the      supervisor’s desktop.

** ABOVE WAS THE FIRST STEP **

Since we upgraded our servers from 7.x to 8.x, the monitoring ports for CAD/CSD also changed from the 59xxx range  on version 7.x to the 3xxx range on version 8.x. 

In order to fix the flickering issue completely, you will need to open a TAC case so TAC can correct the CAD version and updated the ports through LDAP utility they have.

Once complete, you will need to reboot both UCCX servers (if they are HA). 

This should correct the issue and you should notice the problem has been resolved.