Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with calls transferred to CTI Route point for voicemail

dave.drolett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have UCM 6.1.3 integrated with Exhange Unified Messaging 10 via SIP.  I have a CTI route point (*5XXX) that allows users to forward directly to voicemail.

When an administration assistant receives a call on their bosses line appearance (example: extension 5555) and wants to transfer that call directly to her bosses voicemail (*5555), Exchange immediately thinks the call is from the boss and prompts for the user's PIN.

This only started happening when the bosses voicemail box was moved to Exchange 2010 UM from 2007 UM.  In 2007, Exchange would think the call was from the original caller and that caller would get the bosses greeting and be allowed to leave a voicemail.

Is there a way I can ensure that the called number of the transferred caller is presented to Exhange UM and not the bosses extension.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.,

Dave

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have Outbound Diversion Header checked on the SIP trunk pointing to Exchange?

Chris

Chris,  Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have the field "Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound" checked under the "outbound Calls" section.

I also have the same related field checked on the "Inbound Calls" section.

Dave

dave.drolett
Level 1
Level 1

In theory, the feature is working correctly, the VM server correlates the mailbox being called with the source of the call and assumes that you are calling your own mailbox. 

I need to find a way to send the original source of the call to the VM server since the call to the CTI route point was initiated with a Transfer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: