Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with license activation on CUCM 9.1

Dmitri Popkov
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

Today, I've bought  L-CM-DL-10= for CUCM 9.1, but when i tried to activate this license through ELM and have entered a correct PAL, i've received an error

An error occurred while attempting to process the request. If the problem persists, open a Service Request using the

TAC Service Request Tool

or contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) at 888-553-2447.

Then, i've generated a license through Product License Registration, downloaded .lic file and tried to upload it to ELM, but agate i've receid error

An error occurred while attempting to process the request. If the problem persists, open a Service Request using the

TAC Service Request Tool

or contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) at 888-553-2447.

Mac address, which i entered, while generating .lic file in other try is correct

What is a mistake?

Thanks;)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are DLU licenses which are not applicable to CUCM 9.1, you need to purchase either CUWL or UCL type licenses.  Whoever you purchased it from should know better what to sell for your version, DLUs have been discontinued from quite some time.

Also read about ELM as MAC address is no longer applicable as well.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are DLU licenses which are not applicable to CUCM 9.1, you need to purchase either CUWL or UCL type licenses.  Whoever you purchased it from should know better what to sell for your version, DLUs have been discontinued from quite some time.

Also read about ELM as MAC address is no longer applicable as well.

HTH,

Chris

And how i can buy such license, i've "generated license request" and what are the next steps to buy a license ?

No, you need to order the licenses from Cisco reseller after which time you will receive a PAK number that you register against the ELM instance.

Chris