Views
Helpful
Replies

problems generating csv using bat.xlt in CUCM 8.6.2

geir.landsverk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gentlemen

I`m having some difficulties generating csv from the bat.xlt file downloaded from my CUCM publisher using excel 2010

I download the file, enable editing and macros, I hit the "create file format" button to generate the columns I need, all looks good so far..

after filling in some data in the 5 columns I need, witch are Device name, Decsription, Directory number, Display and Line text label (taking care to not enter illigal data, eg boolean, string, integer) I try to press the "Export to BAT format" button.

a popup message displays "please enter numeric value in the text boxes" and this popup will not go away no matter where I click inside excel after this

I try to enter a value above 0 in a text box, but I only get to enter a value in one of the boxes before the popup ruins the day, after that the popup message/error message appears immediately if I click anywhere in the spreadsheet

I have tried to save the file as an "Microsoft excel macro enabled worksheet" (.xlsm) but it doesnt seem to help

Thanks for your help!

.xlt file from CUCM included

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Geir,

It's likely one of these two bugs;

CSCti42583 - BAT.xlt needs to be supported on 32-bit Office 2010

Description

Symptom:
BAT.xlt does not work in Microsoft excel 2010
Conditions:
Microsoft excel 2010
Workaround:
None

Details

First Found in:                          (2)

8.6,8.5(1)

Open

Last Modified:

May 07,2012

Product:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

or

Related Bugs

CSCtq23985 : Bat.xlt file doesnt work with Localized MS Excel 2010
Symptom:
When trying to fill in data in the BAT.xlt file you are getting an error message
"Please enter numeric values in text boxes"
While the data entered is perfectly fine.
Conditions:
First seen on French Windows Version with French MS Excel 2010
Workaround:
Use Bulk Administration -> Export/Import approach instead of the BAT.xlt file.

Cheers!

Rob

"Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting" 

-Springsteen

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just tried your file and all is well, what did you enter under MAC address/device name?

Also, is this by any chance 64-bit Excel, if so that is not supported, only 32-bit Excel on either 32 or 64 bit Windows OS is supported.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Geir,

It's likely one of these two bugs;

CSCti42583 - BAT.xlt needs to be supported on 32-bit Office 2010

Description

Symptom:
BAT.xlt does not work in Microsoft excel 2010
Conditions:
Microsoft excel 2010
Workaround:
None

Details

First Found in:                          (2)

8.6,8.5(1)

Open

Last Modified:

May 07,2012

Product:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

or

Related Bugs

CSCtq23985 : Bat.xlt file doesnt work with Localized MS Excel 2010
Symptom:
When trying to fill in data in the BAT.xlt file you are getting an error message
"Please enter numeric values in text boxes"
While the data entered is perfectly fine.
Conditions:
First seen on French Windows Version with French MS Excel 2010
Workaround:
Use Bulk Administration -> Export/Import approach instead of the BAT.xlt file.

Cheers!

Rob

"Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting" 

-Springsteen

Hi Rob

found another PC with excel 2003 SP3, but unfortunatly it didnt work, so I`m obviously doing it wrong..

Do you know what the boxes in column G in the bat.xlt is for ? (boxes under Export to BAT format button)

I dont want to import this information into CUCM anyway so I dont understand why excel asks

I`m trying to import about 300 softphones(CIPC) into CUCM, at this point in time I do not have their MAC addresses because IP communicator isnt yet installed on my customers computers.

I wish to use the DN as the MAC address/device name..

but maybe this workbook only accepts a 12 digit MAC without : or -

perhaps you know witch macro/function that performs the check that generates the error message so I can turn it off?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just tried your file and all is well, what did you enter under MAC address/device name?

Also, is this by any chance 64-bit Excel, if so that is not supported, only 32-bit Excel on either 32 or 64 bit Windows OS is supported.

HTH,

Chris

wow that was quick!  :-)

I guess I have a 64 bit excel installation on this computer, the win7 is 64bit.. 

its a work PC that our IT department made for me

Next task will be digging in the closet and look for an old enough PC, hehe

I`ll let you know how it works out

anyways, thank you very much for your help my friend  :-)

Hi Chris

found another PC with excel 2003 SP3, but unfortunatly it didnt work, so I`m obviously doing it wrong..

Do you know what the boxes in column G in the bat.xlt is for ? (boxes under Export to BAT format button)

I dont want to import this information into CUCM anyway so I dont understand why excel asks

I`m trying to import about 300 softphones(CIPC) into CUCM, at this point in time I do not have their MAC addresses because IP communicator isnt yet installed on my customers computers.

I wish to use the DN as the MAC address/device name..

but maybe this workbook only accepts a 12 digit MAC without : or -

perhaps you know witch macro/function that performs the check that generates the error message so I can turn it off?

I don't know what you have added in column G as the file you posted was the default blank template. If you don't want to specify MAC then you need to heck the "dummy MAC address" checkbox and the macro will assign one for you that later can be used with TAPS.

HTH,

Chris

I`m sorry, I got ahead of myself...  :-)

In the original file, that was attached to the first question (downloaded from CUCM) there are two columns predefined when the "phones" tab is active, the textboxes are in D column...

After I had added the fields that I wanted with the "Create file format" button, the boxes ended up in the G column :-)

I`ll try using "dummy MAC address" and see where that leads me...  if that dont work, I guess import will have to be done manuallly

If you have not populated the device name column the macro will not work unless you check the "dummy MAC address" check box, so if your plan is to either use TAPS or update the device name later simply check the checkbox.  There should be no reason to build this amount of devices manually and we will surely guide you here if you are still having difficulties.

Chris

Hi Chris

I tried to populate the Device name column (not MAC addesses, but a 5 digit number..) that didnt work...I have also tried with a proper MAC address in the Device name column, but no luck.

Perhaps you can explain to me how important these "text boxes" are? I mean the ones under the "Export to BAT Format" button. can they be removed? because the info in these boxes are not important at this point

if I chech the "Cisco IP communicator" button, witch are the phones I wish to import, the "Dummy MAC address" checkbox goes away

Device Name  is a required field unless you check the "Dummy MAC address" checkbox. Did you try that?

Simply add Directory Number field to the default view and check the checkbox and press the button. What do you get?

Please post tour saved template with your values.

Chris

Karel Hnat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I have a similar problem with bat file in CUCM9 (9.1.1a) and Microsoft Office 2013. Once I clicked to box "Maximum Number of Phone Lines" and I changed number, I always received text "Please enter numeric values in the Text boxes".

BAT_CUCM9.jpg

I have Win7 64bit and Office 2013 32bit. Do you know about any workaround???

Thank you so much

Karel

Hi, I resolved this problem by reconfiguring the Excel file in Visual Basic in Development mode in Excel. There is text line with "If Application.Version => 11 Then". Here, you must get your version of Excel.... I have MS Office 2013, so i gave here "If Application.Version = "15.0" Then". This string must be changed in whole document. Now, everything works fine....

Karel

Many thanks!!!
Quite so everything earned!
Forgive my English...

Using these steps I manage to reconfigure bat.xlt in CUCM 11.5.1., but I had to made same changes to module 1 with Visual Basic in Development mode in Excel 2010 for bat.xlt file too. Thanks for the guidance, it helped.