Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Query on PVDM2-64 & 2 PRI's

Hi All.

One of our customer has 3825 VG with PVDM2-64 with VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 and was using only one E1 PRI, now customer requested to add another E1 PRI on this VG, when trying to add/confirgure, router was throwing DSP resource error, so I shutdown conference & transcode resource i.e DSP farm on this router, hence I successfully added another PRI, so my question is that will this router support in SRST mode as I have below config for SRST mode as DSP resource fully used by 2 PRI's

call-manager-fallback
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 transfer-system full-consult
 ip source-address X.X.X.X port 2000
 max-ephones 192
 max-dn 288
 system message primary Press "#" after dialing

3 REPLIES 3
Participant

Nagaraj,

Nagaraj,

Its as simple as this, if you have 31- Channels on the E1-PRI 30 B- channels and 1 D-channel for signalling.

The concept is the same with dsp's "PVDM2-64" has 64 channels. So if you use 1 E1-port of the "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1" you'll consume 31 channels of the ""PVDM2-64" 64 - 31 if you using 2  E1 ports.

Then this would be 62 Channels consumed of the "PVDM2-64".

So yes would had to reduce or shutdown  the "conference/transcoder" resource on the Gateway.

To answer your question about this affecting anything in SRST. No it wont affect anything.

All you need to do it fix your dial-peers for incoming and outoing calls in SRST for the 2nd E1-PRI that you have configured.

-Kevin Monteiro

Rising star

When phones register to CUCM

When phones register to CUCM , are they using  DSP resources from the same gateway for conferencing and transcoding etc? 

If not then you should be okay with SRST.thanks

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Kevin.

Thanks Kevin.

Hi Deepak,

No, I used another MRGL pointing to another voice gateway.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards