Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about GK redundancy.

Hi all,

I just wanted to know which the best method for a Gatekeeper routing fail is over

For example I have 2 CUCM’s

• CUCM_viti_1
  • CUCM_viti_2

Registered as an endpoint for our gatekeeper.

So, whenever a call try to establish a connection to an extension 0826*, I configure my GK with the following settings.

zone prefix gk2 0826* gw-priority 10 cucm_viti_1 cucm_viti_2

Meaning that if cucm_viti_1 is not available, it will failover to cucm_viti_2

BUT

What is the difference of using?

zone prefix gk2 0826* gw-priority 10 cucm_viti_1

zone prefix gk2 0826* gw-priority 9 cucm_viti_2

Please tell me an advise, in when should I use each scenario.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first scenario assigns the same priority to both cucm. hence calls will be distributed in a round roboin fashion. The second command makes CUCM_viti_1 as the primary cucm since it has the higer priority and only when this is down will calls be sent to the second cucm

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first scenario assigns the same priority to both cucm. hence calls will be distributed in a round roboin fashion. The second command makes CUCM_viti_1 as the primary cucm since it has the higer priority and only when this is down will calls be sent to the second cucm

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Your explanation was useful.

I Imagined that so, like Media Resource Groups and Media Resource Lists. in CUCM

Thank you

Kudos to Aoklanawon! :-) +5

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: