Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about voice bundle

Hi, is there a way do distinguish a 2821-v/K9, 2821-vsec/K9 or a 2821-vsec-ccme/K9 from the CLI?

I have to buy a smartnet contract and I would like to check which is the exact version of the router....

Many thanks in advance          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at show version. However from that you will not see if it was a CCME bundle, or not.

Note, you cannot buy smartnet contract for ISR G1 anymore. They went EoS 31/12/2012.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51-631228.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at show version. However from that you will not see if it was a CCME bundle, or not.

Note, you cannot buy smartnet contract for ISR G1 anymore. They went EoS 31/12/2012.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51-631228.html

Hi Paolo, what I would like to accomplish is to buy a used router (for my lab and test environment) and a contract in order to:

a) be compliant with cisco licenses.

b) download all the CME and IOS versions compatible with that router and try and test all the possible configurations.

This is why I asked how to distinguish a voice bundle from another with the CLI.... I suppose that Cisco does not let me register a smartnet (in this case CON-SW-C2821CCM ) with the serial number of a router that was not sold with the CCME bundle.... Am I correct?

About the EoS, can I still buy a support contract for software updates only?

About the EoS, can I still buy a support contract for software updates only?

No, you cannot buy any support contract for obsolete devices.

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Giuseppe,

The bunble numbers for 2800 routers

2821-v/K9, 2821-vsec/K9 or a 2821-vsec-ccme/K9

Really refer to the router package being ordered

Like a 2821-vsec-ccme/K9 gives

Cisco 2821 VSEC Bundle with PVDM2-32, FL-CCME-48, IOS Advanced IP

Services, 128 MB Flash/256 MB DRAM

So from the IOS cli you cannot tell what was ordered at the time of purchase as you may have

upgraded the router to these requirements manually

You could try asking your Cisco Rep if they can tell from the SERIAL NUMBER from

show version

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

In addition to what Paolo has said, we can use show inventory as well.

The Cisco IOS version comes under normal  contract  under Minor Line Items showing all PART Codes like HWIC-BLANK,ISR-CCP-EXP,MEM-2900-512MB-DEFand lastly S29NPEK9-15104M.

Not aware of SmartNet Contract showing these part codes.

regds,

aman

And About the EoS, can I still buy a support contract for software updates only?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: