cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick question for you all on SRST in CUCM 9

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

So I pull up a doc on cisco's website about SRST in call manager version 9 and it shows that 28XX and 38XX series routers are not supported. Now it didnt say incompatible, so I put it together in a lab and it still works fine. Basically what I read is just saying that if you have issues with SRST while running version 9 with a 28 or 38xx series router cisco wont support it? Seems strange to me.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs90spc.html                  

18 Replies 18

Ton,

Good Job..Now you can go ahead and deploy your solution...As for Cisco and their documentations..well what can I say!

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

aokanlawon,

I agree with Ronak on this one. The compatibility matrix addresses this question head on. Using the SRST compatibility matrix for a version of SRST that was released prior to a shipping CUCM 9.x is invalid. From my experience, Cisco typically fails to go back to older documents and add clarifying language to account for new versions of software.

Assuming you accept that assertion then you are left with "what does other documentation say". In my opinion, the Compatibility Matrix for CUCM (released in August 2013) is the authority and it clearly states that

"Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) does not depend upon Cisco Unified

Communications Manager, but supports phone loads."

Granted, that is a funky sentence structure but I believe the intent is clear. That said, I would agree that all of the phones supported by a CUCM 9x system may not necessarily be supported by the SRST version we are talking about. I see that as a function of the phones, not the CUCM.

So, my interpretation is that if your phone model is supported by your SRST version then you should be golden. UNLESS, the SNAP mechanism has changed in the minimum phone firmware supported by CUCM 9. I couldn't find a reference that suggested this to be the case.

Just my 2 cents.

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Wiliam,

thanks for clearing the doubt(+5)

regds,

aman

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks!