cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random 911 calls

jvidaurri1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, First off I would like to say that these forums are invaluable to the knowledge I gain in my field. I find so many answers here and I appreciate everyone who contributes to the Q and A's on this forum.

So, Here is the issue. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out an issue for one of my locations that is during non-business hours and during business hours producing random 911 calls from the main line. Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated. They are on a CUCM on Version 9.1.2

Thanks,

Leon V.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leon,

Most likely this issue is caused by an overlapping dial plan. You can check the Route plan report ( Call Routing > Route Plan Report ) from cucm admin page and see if there are any overlapping patterns like 911 , 91XXXXXX , 91.! etc. For that specific location check the CSS assigned to the phones and the route pattern partitions to which they have access.

Manish

Manish,

Thank you for your response, I am going to look into this as a possible explanation and let you know.

Thanks,

Leon

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Accidental 911 calls are common when you use 9 as off-net access code. No easy way around it short of changing access code to 8 or something else, or introducing delay when dialing 911 (not recommended).  

Are you looking who is making these calls? If so CDR records will show you that.

Thanks for the reply, yea the site is set up to dial 8 first. The calls are being made during non-business hours.

Thanks,

Leon

Can you look for 911 calls in CDR records on CUCM via CAR tool?