cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-IPing Voice

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

I have given a task to re-IP all the Cisco voice phones from 192.168.x.x addresses to 172.22.x.x addresses. Site has Cisco 3925 router running dhcp pool for the phones. My questions are--

-can I create new dhcp pool (slightly different name than existing one) and this would not create any issues in current environment?

-Is there anyways I can test a single Cisco phone with new IP prior to changing all the phones? How can I do that?

I understand I need to change srst ref. IP in call manager and reset the device pool. Also, once new dhcp pool is ready, I need to do shut.no shut on the switch port.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes, you can set up the new IP  DHCP pool and Gateway.  use different VLAN, just make switch port with new VLAN, so the Phone gets a new IP address. in the DHCP pool use your CUCM IP address for the Phone to register. ( so this is not going to affect product network and phones)

Once you have ( either you change the VLAN SVI with new SVI or change the access port to new VLAN ( on  each switch, so you can move them to new IP address)

this high level, you need to consider your network - like any routing or FW rules required for the new subnet to work.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Assume the new  subnet as 172.22.10.0/24. I created a vlan 100 and  an SVI with 172.22.10.1 as iP.

Vlan 100

name Temporary 

int vlan 100

ip address  172.22.10.1  255.255.255.0

Gi0/20 is the port which which I am going to connect the phone and test new IP. 

int gi0/20

switchport voice vlan 100

New DHCP subnet 

ip dhcp pool NEW-VOICE

network 172.22.10.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 172.22.10.1 

option 150 ip CUCM IP's.

Before testing the new IP, Reset the network settings from phone setting .

Response Signature