Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving external call problem

Sandi22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello .

I am encountering a problem with CUCM 11.5.1 .

I am currently trying to set my ip phones to send and receive calls from outside numbers . At the moment my inside calls to outside are being sent successfully , but when an external number tries to reach my device ,the call is failing and it seems that the call request reaches the cucm but it can t be forwarded to the device because it is not found . I would be glad if someone has an aswer for this .

Thanking in advance .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Sandi22 Looks like the the no of digits received on the CUCM are not matching your DNs or it could be a CSS issue. First ensure the Inbound CSS on your PSTN GW / SIP trunk configuration in CUCM can access the partition of your Translation Pattern or the DNs. Second to verify the no of digits reaching call manager for the inbound call you can look at the Gateway logs or the best way is to install RTMT --> Go to Voice --> real time traces --> the call logs will load for the last 30 mins by default --> double click the call log and you should be able to find. Is it a sip trunk from PSTN to your CUCM ?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Sandi22 Looks like the the no of digits received on the CUCM are not matching your DNs or it could be a CSS issue. First ensure the Inbound CSS on your PSTN GW / SIP trunk configuration in CUCM can access the partition of your Translation Pattern or the DNs. Second to verify the no of digits reaching call manager for the inbound call you can look at the Gateway logs or the best way is to install RTMT --> Go to Voice --> real time traces --> the call logs will load for the last 30 mins by default --> double click the call log and you should be able to find. Is it a sip trunk from PSTN to your CUCM ?

@Sandi22 Is it a sip trunk from your GW / PBX to the CUCM ?

Yes it s a sip trunk , my internal dialling number format has different digit number than external one, after i set external phone number mask , my call is made successfully to external devices but it wont work the oppsite way

Then you can make a test call and then after 2 mins look at RTMT real time traces. Double click on the failed call log and click on the SIP invite sent from your GW to the CUCM. You should be able to see the no of digits received by CUCM. It should match a Translation pattern or your DN or you DN's Enterprise Alternate Number or +E.164 Alternate Number.

It was a digit number mismatch , also , the called party transform mask must be set on both ways , in and out , thank you so much , you saved 2 weeks of work !!!

In translation pattern section *

This is not a two weeks of work. You  must do proper translations if your DID is different from your extensions range. This can be done in different ways.  Either from gateway level or from CUCM.

Response Signature