Helpful
Replies

recording beep tone

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All -

we have call manager 7

certain agent users  have automatic recording  for all calls + remote and local  tone enabled.

when the users dial into a remote [3rd-patry] conference, the conference participants are forced to hear every user's beep tones.

is there any way to synchronize these so only one beep is heard? or not have the beep during these calls?

the auto recording w/ beep is mandatory, so i can not change device/dn settings.

thanks

Rob

6 Replies 6

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

There's no way to remove the beeps on a call-by-call basis which seems like what you're after.  Can you add another line to the phones in question?

will

the tone is enabled in the device setting, so from what i read, it will always play no matter which line is used -

is that correct?

Rob

Right, but recording is actually enabled/disabled on the line.

correct - i had thought of giving them a 2nd line for these calls, but its the beep they do not want to hear & once its enabled on the device it plays for every call from any device line, even one w/o recording enabled

Rob

Yeah - remembered that as soon as I submitted the reply.  I felt bad so I've been racking my brain for another work-around but haven't come up with anything.  My apologies for the bad advice. 

no problem -

i've opened a tac case to see if Cisco has any suggestion.

if they come up w/ something, i'll add to post

thanks for the help

Rob