Views
Helpful
Replies

Reduce the switching time between available paths of Route List

Deep9769
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community

I'm facing issue with switching between Route Groups which is prioritize in the Route List, I have 2 prioritized list of available paths (i.e. two PRI connection) in route list when the service outage occurs for the 1st path then the all calls are routing via second available path (i.e. second PRI) but for switching from 1st path to second path during failure taking approx. 135 seconds, how should I reduce the switching time between available paths?

1st Path => RL <- RG <- SIP TRUNK

2nd Path => RL <- RG <- ISDN PRI

I'll thankful to this community

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Enable SIP OPTIONS ping on both sides of the trunk (CUCK SIP Profile & dial-peer) so each side sends periodic keepalive messages and automatically busies the trunk out if they fail. Ideally do the same thing with the upstream provider if they support it (different failure scenario).

You can also lower the INVITE retry on CUBE so it gives up faster (per dial-peer). You can read the retry logic in RFC3261 but the punchline is a 32 second by default. Some folks drop retries to two (2) to cut that down to a couple seconds.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Enable SIP OPTIONS ping on both sides of the trunk (CUCK SIP Profile & dial-peer) so each side sends periodic keepalive messages and automatically busies the trunk out if they fail. Ideally do the same thing with the upstream provider if they support it (different failure scenario).

You can also lower the INVITE retry on CUBE so it gives up faster (per dial-peer). You can read the retry logic in RFC3261 but the punchline is a 32 second by default. Some folks drop retries to two (2) to cut that down to a couple seconds.

Yes it was resolved by reducing the invite retry count at CUBE