Views
Helpful
Replies

Register 2 SIP on cisco881 CUBE router

syed_quadri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am using C881-CUBE-k9 router and would like to register 2 SIP lines from the same provider, currently I can only register one. Any suggestions why I cant register 2 SIP lines ?

Config Attached:

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration looks okay. So what  happens with this line...How do you know the line is not registered?

can you send the output of

show sip-ua register status

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration looks okay. So what  happens with this line...How do you know the line is not registered?

can you send the output of

show sip-ua register status

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Mate,

show sip-ua register status - line is not registered. (This line was registered and working for a while. Once I tried to register the second sip line, the first line cannot register either ?)

What is your suggestion about registering 2 SIP lines using the same provider ? is this possible ?

Cheers

please send...

debug ccsip messages

Hi Mate

I cant send you the debug ccsip message until tomorrow.

Do you know if I can register 2 SIP lines from the same provider on Cisco881-CUBE-k9 router ?

Cheers

Cisco does not support registering 2 sip trunks from the same provider.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Syed Quadri wrote:

Cisco does not support registering 2 sip trunks from the same provider.

And where Cisco says that?

Hi Paola,

Product: Cisco881-CUBE-k9

I spent some time talking to Cisco Tac team

1) Each time I register a second sip username & password it overwrites the first one.

2) Unless you use different service provider for each sip line with different realms.

I could not find any document that provides any information on how to register 2 SIP authentications with the same SP and using the same realm.

Cisco Tac has confirmed the above cannot happen on Cisco881.

If you think Cisco can support this, it will be great if you can send me some documentation on it.

Regards,

Syed