Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

registering new phone, status failed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I got the same issue on yesterday, and TAC responded to ignore that fail status message, and it does not harm to 8831

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

ramiz.shaikh1
Level 1
Level 1

The phone is properly registered.

Firmware download is getting failed as the requested firmware may not be uploaded on the server.

Currently your phone is registered and has the firmware "sip8831.10-3-1SR3-5"

And it is requesting  "sip8831.10-3-1SR2-2" which is getting failed as this firmware may not be present on the server.

Please let me know if I understand your query correctly or elaborate more if I haven't.

1) is it because the phone is new and it came with newest firmware ? 

2) how to make the firmware available on the server ?

3) would the new firmware affected the older phone ?

1) is it because the phone is new and it came with newest firmware ?  yes probably 

2) how to make the firmware available on the server ? currently your phone running the latest firmware so there is no need to upload the previous version firmware for this phone.

Still below is the procedure to upload the firmware on cucm.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/upgrade-downgrade-firmware-of-specific-ip-phone/ta-p/3137526

3) would the new firmware affected the older phone ?

new firmware will not affect old IP phones. Unles you manually upload new firmware name under "phone load name" of those device. In this case these phones will upgrade to the new firmware.

Please rate if useful

try following things one by one

1- Delete/Erase IP4 network setting

2- Delete/Erase CTL Trust files

if nothing works above then Reset Telephone Device to factory setting

Thanks

why you need to install new device pack if the phone is already appearing in phone list?

samhopealpha
Level 1
Level 1

According to 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8831/firmware/10-3-1-sr3/cs38_b_rn-8831-8831nr-1031sr3.html

Firmware Downgrade Limitation
After you install Firmware Release 10.3(1)SR3 on a conference phone, you cannot downgrade the firmware to a previous version.

as of now, the issues still persist

I got the same issue on yesterday, and TAC responded to ignore that fail status message, and it does not harm to 8831

I have 5 unit of the same batch that having the same problem,

wondering if it a firmware issues

I believe that is the reason

Firmware Downgrade Limitation
After you install Firmware Release 10.3(1)SR3 on a conference phone, you cannot downgrade the firmware to a previous version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: