Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote destination status

Hi

We are impelementing mobility using remote destinations (no MVA). We think that most users will forget to disable mobility on their phones or via CCMUser when they are on holiday. A few questions:

1. Is there a way to display the current status (enabled/disabled) on the idle screen on the phone? I know that we can get the current status by pressing the Mobility softkey, but we prefer to have a visual status on the idle screen.

2. We are also using Extension Mobility. Is there a possibility to automatically disable Mobility when the desk phone is logged out?

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WIthout custom development neither of these things are possible. My suggestion is to train that the correct process is to Call Forward All to voicemail (or disable Mobility) prior to going on holiday/vacation/PTO. If they forget then it's their own fault when they get a work call.

If you're developer-minded you could write an XML SDK service for the idle screen. You could also use the Extension Mobility API to figure out who's logged out and then issue an AXL API command to disable their mobility. All of these APIs are documented on http://developer.cisco.com

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WIthout custom development neither of these things are possible. My suggestion is to train that the correct process is to Call Forward All to voicemail (or disable Mobility) prior to going on holiday/vacation/PTO. If they forget then it's their own fault when they get a work call.

If you're developer-minded you could write an XML SDK service for the idle screen. You could also use the Extension Mobility API to figure out who's logged out and then issue an AXL API command to disable their mobility. All of these APIs are documented on http://developer.cisco.com

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for your confirmation, I was afraid that it would not be possible without custom development.