Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove MOH for Specific User(s)

tommydubs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I know this is probably something pretty simple, but for the life of me I just cant seem to find it.  We have CUCM 8.5 and I have a high level user that is requesting that his hold music turned off in the event that he is on a conference call and would like to pick up his other line.  I tried changing the "User Hold Audio Source" under the directory number settings for the extension, but its already on <none>.  Do I have to upload a "blank" MOH sound byte for it to truely seemless and if so, how do I do go about doing so?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

-T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Under Media Resources --> Music On Hold Audio File Mgment, ensure you do this on all servers.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

means it will default to whatever is used in "common device config" or service parameter which by default is source 1.  If you want nothing streamed when this user puts folks on hold you will need to upload and assign "silent" MOH to this user. Ensure that the silent source is uploaded to all MOH servers in your cluster.

HTH,

Chris

tommydubs
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind!  As soon as I hit post I realized the option directly beneath it was "Network Hold MOH Audio Source" and changing that updated it to a blank sound.

However, if I wanted to change the hold music for a specific user, where can i upload a new sound byte for it to be available as an option other than the default?

Thanks!

T

Under Media Resources --> Music On Hold Audio File Mgment, ensure you do this on all servers.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris