Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict conference for some phones/extensions

juan.hinojosa89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to know if there is a way to restrict some phones/extensions to make ad hoc conferences. We want that only some phones/extensionos be able to make ad hoc conferences, the other ones do not.

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, adjust the MRG and MRGL as necessary.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

We did! We left the mrgl field to <none> from the device pool and from the phone also as <none> and it is still able to do conferences ):

Because any media resource that is NOT included in a MRG, goes to the default MRG/MRGL which is the <none> option, just as with CSSs and partitions.

EDIT: OR, it could also be getting the resources from the DP

HTH

java

I already create an MRGL only with an annunciator and the moh resources. I assigned that MRGL to the DP and to the phones configuration page also. All the phones involved in the conference were configured with the DP where is the MRGL with only the annunciator and the moh resources, and it still be able to make conferences ):

Pretty sure you still have CFB in the default MRG/MRGL, look at the traces and you can confirm that.

You'll see clearly where they're pulling resources from in the traces.

HTH

java

I will do that, thanks Jaime

create a dud CFB and add that to the MRG of the phone that is not supposed to used ad hoc, so you avoid defaults

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: