Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict settings access on Cisco Phones

Dominic Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to change the Setting Access on devices to Restricted from Enabled.

This is for several thousand phones so I want to do a bulk update.

I am using Call Manager 7.1.5

The Phone configurations are set also to use Standard Common Phone Profiles.

I presumed that if I updated the Setting Access within the Standard Common Phone

Profile to Restricted then the phones would be updated.

This doesn't happen and I can't see another way of updating in bulk, there doesn't seem

to be any available options in BAT also.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Dominic

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dominic,

I just tested this out and it worked fine.  When you select your phones as a test, try selecting a single phone (ex. a 7961) and see if the setting appears.  I tested this with a batch of 7961's and worked fine.  When I grouped together phones such as 7961's with CIPCs, CUPC's, etc the setting disappeared.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Dominic

You need to use BAT as above but select the phones by type - Settings then appear

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dominic,

In CUCM try:  Bulk Administration > Phones > Update Phones > Query > Select Phones > Settings Access > Select Enabled.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately there is no setting access available in the list of options.

Regards

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

I just tested this out and it worked fine.  When you select your phones as a test, try selecting a single phone (ex. a 7961) and see if the setting appears.  I tested this with a batch of 7961's and worked fine.  When I grouped together phones such as 7961's with CIPCs, CUPC's, etc the setting disappeared.

HTH,

Chris

Dominic

You need to use BAT as above but select the phones by type - Settings then appear

Hi,

Thanks for the replies - works ok now - choosing by device type - worth noting that ip communicator

only seems to allow enabled or disabled - not restricted.

Have updated your post scores accordingly.

Cheers

Dominic