cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ricoh MFD MP6501 Fax Connection

John Lukes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call manager 8.5 currently using two 3945 as voice gateways connected to PSTN PRI circuits and would like to configure the Ricoh multi function printers to be able to fax directly as end points configured on the call manager. Can these devices be configured either as H323 or SIP endpoints and be able to complete fax calls both internal and external to my local Call manager for Fax Transmittals using the currently configured dial plan?           

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should ask the fax vendor.

Currently we're using ATA187's but I just need to find the time to configure one as a SIP endpoint and see what happens.

I have also reached out to Ricoh but that cannot provide any information on the setup.

JoshGH
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever come up with anything on this?  Our MFDs support H323 and I was considering the same setup.

Can't you just use an FXS port to connect to the RICOH? If not, please read the link below:

http://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pub_e/oi_view/0001036/0001036377/view/fax/int/0031.htm

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I can use FXS interfaces on VGs, yes.  However, our organization has over 500 MFDs, probably 1000.  If there is a way to build the MFDs as IP gateways for faxing, that would save us much hassle, as well as reduce hardware cost.  I have read that page and plan to begin testing tomorrow on a new CUCM deployment with new MFDs.

Josh,

Let us know how it goes. It should be a simple SIP and H323 configuration on both sides.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Did you ever get the ricoh's to work with cucm?

Negative.  I could get the Ricoh to register up as an H323 gateway, but when I called the DN pointed at the trunk, nothing happened.  If the Ricoh called out to another fax, the remote fax would answer, but there was no data transfer.  I opened a TAC case, and needed to provide traces, but I ran out of time to work on the setup.  For now, we will deploy these MFDs on a VG350 and revisit the project when we have more time.

I would love to see this setup working, but with a number of projects in the pipeline, just can't commit the resources to it currently.  If anyone gets it working, I would love to see the setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: