Helpful
Replies

Route Filter usage.

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

I would like to get your opinion on something, 

I have something like 30 sites (with 50-60 more coming) and, up to this point, the several contractors that have been involved configuring CUCM for the sites has done individual Toll-Free Route patterns for each site. That equates to 5 RP per site just for Toll free calls (1800,1855,1866,1877,1888).

My Question is this: Wouldn't it be easier to Just create a 9.@ RP and add a route filter to include those area codes and place it in the Local calling CSS?

Obviously I'd have to create a route pattern for each route list but this should clean up my patterns a little bit. (Also slowly working on line based CSS which would clean it up even more)

Any thoughts/comments on this? I know some don't like to see the @ used at all, but I really don't like seeing my route patterns expanding so much.

Gareth

CUCM 8.5

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, that's exactly what RF can do for you, summarize routes.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the reply, Chris!

you can also use the line device CSS approach with Standard Local Route Groups and this will cut down to only have to have one set of toll free RP's

I have been using this successfully with multisite deployments and love how much easier it is to manage and how little extra you have to add for CSS ,RP, RL, etc..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App