cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern External Mask vs. DN External Mask

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 8.6 connecting to a H.323 Gateway.  Our telco passes whatever Caller-ID we give it. 

We recently obtained a large amount of DID's for our organization.  I've been tasked to change the external caller-id to display a individual DN's 10-digit DID number.  This way external people will see the 10-digit DID of whatever DN is calling them. 

This was an easy enough task....until I ran into a snag.

1.  I left the DN's

2.  I found the matching route pattern > Calling Party Transformations > Calling Party Transform Mask > entered 123456XXXX.

3.  Tested and caller ID worked correctly.

The problem I'm having is that for a few DN's we need to have a specific Caller-ID.  Some of our Managers and Administrators do not want their DID number displayed to outside people.  They want the organization's generic main number displayed for caller-id.  For example, if a Manager's extension is 1122 they would like their external caller id to display 8003211234.

This is what I've tried:

1.  I gave the DN1122 an External Phone Number Mask of 8003211234.

(I tested and the caller-id came back as 1234561122.

2.  I then checked the box for "

(I tested and the caller-id came back as 1234561234)

Does anyone have another ideas so that for 99% of my DN's will display a DID, but I can still specify a separate caller-id for a few DN's?

ALSO...   I'm hoping to not have to change the External Phone Number Mask on over a 1000+ DN's....if possible.

AND...     Another goal of mine was to have the 4 digit extension displayed on the top of the phone.  When the EPNM is configured, I get 10 digits displayed at the top. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you set the EPNM on all phones to 123456XXXX with BAT and then manually set it to 8003211234 on the managers phone you should get the result that you look for if you have the RP setup as in your second description.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried to add the explicit calling party transformations for the specific extensions together with the translation with the wild cards?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

YES

I've had the DN's External Phone Number Mask set to 8003211234.  At the same time, I had the Route Pattern's Calling Party Transform Mask set to 123456XXXX.  The Route Pattern's "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" was checked and tested.  I then unchecked it and tested.  Both times I did not get the caller-id that I desired. 

Hi,

I was suggesting that you enter the exact pattern for the extension that should have a different external mask to that of those you have specified for the wildcard pattern. So you will have configured two calling party transformation patterns.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Allan,

Thanks for your replies.  I have tried what you are suggesting without desired results.  The route pattern's wildcard external mask takes priority over the extension's exact pattern external mask.

Hi,

may be, you can create a another route pattern (spl partition) to which only the managers phone can have access (with spl line css or device css). In that spl route pattern you can give the main number (8003211234) as .

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

If you set the EPNM on all phones to 123456XXXX with BAT and then manually set it to 8003211234 on the managers phone you should get the result that you look for if you have the RP setup as in your second description.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Roger,

Thanks for your reply.  Your recommendation would definately work.  However, I was hoping to be able to make this change at more of a global level instead of having to have a EPNM entered for every DN.

Another goal of mine was to have the 4 digit extension displayed on the top of the phone.  When the EPNM is configured, I get 10 digits displayed at the top. 

I missed the part about wanting to display 4-digits in the top right of the display.

In that case I would recommend you to use calling party transformations patterns, this is not the same as what you now have done on the RP for calling party transformation, it just happen to use the same name. This is what Allan suggested.

Or as sureshsub2 suggested use a set of separate RPs in a PT that only the managers have access to from their phone or line CSS. And set the calling party transformation on the new RP so that it rewrites it into the format that fits in to what the managers want.

For the calling party transformation you would need to setup separate PT(s) and CSS that you attach to either DP used by the VGW or directly on the VGW object. A key thing to note about this feature is that it should never ever use the same PT/CSS that you use for normal call routing. That can cause all sort of unwanted behavior. That said, look at this link for more info about how to setup calling party transformation, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03trpat.html

I would recommend you to set calling party transformation CSS on the VGW object in CUCM, you have better contol that way and it wont be affected by what might happen later on if someone changes the settings on the DP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

Hi,

My apologies if I confused the matter, but as Roger has also mentioned, the calling party transformation patterns that I was refering to are configured within the Call Routing > Transformations > Transformation Pattern > Calling Party Transformation Pattern not within the Route Pattern.

Create a unique Partition and CSS for the transformation patterns. For example a partition called PT_Calling_Party_Transfromation and a CSS called CSS_Calling_Party_Transformation with only the newly created partition.

Create two patterns and assigned them to the new partition depending on your internal DN, and the appropriate mask:

Pattern 1122 Calling Party Transformation Mask 8003211234
Pattern 11XX Calling Party Transformation Mask 123456XXXX

Then assigned the CSS to the gateway endpoint under the Call Routing - Outgoing Calls, Calling Party Transformation CSS, apply and reset the gateway.

Regards
Allan.

Please rate helpful posts. Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: