Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

RTMT Alert after phone unregisters

Hi, 

is it possible to receive an RTMT alert after a phone unregisters? We only found the alert "NumberOfRegisteredPhonesDropped" - but this alert is only triggered once a percentage of phones is dropped and we do not see which phones dropped. We need Macaddress and IP-Address of the phone in the alert. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Best regards, 

Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Advisor

Hi,

Hi,

When a phone unregister, a syslog message will be generated with the following syntax

Error Message

CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered : Device unregistered.  Device name. [String] Device MAC address [Optional]. [String] Device IP address [Optional]. [String] Protocol. [String] Device type. [Optional] [Enum]Device description [Optional]. [String] Reason Code [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6Address [Optional]. [String] IPAddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6AddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]

In RTMT under Alert Central > System you will see an Alert Named as "SyslogStringMatchFound". If you right-click and select Set Alert/Properties, you can define match string as "CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered".

Then enable Email settings for this alert and configure mail server. My understanding this will send the syslog message in the email once the match found.

*** Keep an eye on the performance

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VIP Advisor

Hi,

Hi,

When a phone unregister, a syslog message will be generated with the following syntax

Error Message

CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered : Device unregistered.  Device name. [String] Device MAC address [Optional]. [String] Device IP address [Optional]. [String] Protocol. [String] Device type. [Optional] [Enum]Device description [Optional]. [String] Reason Code [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6Address [Optional]. [String] IPAddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6AddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]

In RTMT under Alert Central > System you will see an Alert Named as "SyslogStringMatchFound". If you right-click and select Set Alert/Properties, you can define match string as "CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered".

Then enable Email settings for this alert and configure mail server. My understanding this will send the syslog message in the email once the match found.

*** Keep an eye on the performance

View solution in original post

Hi Mohammed, 

Hi Mohammed, 

this was exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for your help :-). 

Best regards, 

Matthias

Beginner

must Run The RTMT All the

must Run The RTMT All the time Right ?

Hi,

Hi,

is this really working for you guys? I tried it didnt.  Also opened a case with cisco and they tried with no luck.  The tac eng says there is no way to send alert when a phone goes unregistered. There is NumberOfRegisteredPhonesDropped Alert but thats not what i am looking for.

thanks 

vijay

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here