Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Counter for Calls InProgress

alf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We are using a CUCM V7 Cluster. In RTMT I see around 2000 Calls InProgress on the Cluster, even

in the night or on weekends. The Number of external calls via gateways, the delta call attempts or the

delta completed calls is definitely less than 200, However we have some CTI-Ports for CTI Applications.

Can sb explain what exactly is included in this counter "Calls InProgress" and if this number is relevant

for the BHCA computation ?

Many thx

Alfred

5 Replies 5

alf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

in the CUCM Services Guide I found the following explaination for the counter:

CallsInProgress

This  counter represents the number of voice or video calls that are  currently in progress on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, including  all active calls.

When a  phone that is registered with Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP)  goes off hook, the CallsInProgress progress counter increments until it  goes back on hook.

For  Cisco Unified IP Phones 7902, 7905, 7912, 7940, and 7960 that register  with SIP, the CallsInProgress counter increments when the dial softkey  is pressed.

For all other phones that are running SIP, the CallsInProgress counter increments when the first digit is pressed.

When  all voice or video calls that are in progress are connected, the number  of CallsInProgress represents the number of CallsActive. The counter  decreases by one when a phone goes back on hook.

However, this would not explain, why I have so many more CallsInProgress than ActiveCalls.

Any comment appreciated

Alfred

After restarting the subscriber with the high counters the numbers were really low and match the actual real call activity situation. However, after some days the counter baselines again start to increase daily so I assume some sort of

"ccb leak" problem.I think I will investigate this with the TAC.

Have you found the answer from TAC? I'm having the same issue in 8.5 cluster. RTMT inProgress counter shows 25 calls, but I know there are no calls in the cluster and it never goes below this number.

Hi Alf and Roman,

Guys, have you managed to get anything back from Cisco on this issue? I am seeing the same behavior on CUCM 8.6.1a

Cheers,

Boris

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone got any solution for this?

I am also having this problem on CUCM 9.1.2.11900-12. I see 4 calls under Calls In Progress in RTMT and it never goes below this value. There are actually no calls in the cluster at the moment. I am also seeing the MTP usage as 8 on MTP_2 and 9 on MTP_3.

Regards,

Libin Benedict