Views
Helpful
Replies

RTP media flow between CUCM and CME Endpoints

shakkeerb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running here CUCM 7 in HQ and some branches IP PHones are registered with that. Also I have CME running in some other branches. What I have noticed is RTP traffic is flowing not between CUCM and CME endpoints. Instead, traffic flow from CME endpoints are destined to CME router and then to CUCM endpoints and vice versa. As far as I know rtp traffic should be in between endpoints. It causes some quality issue to as some of the CME endpoints are not located in same location where CME router located. So in short, How can I make the media traffic directly between the endpoints.

Hope someone can shed light on this subject.

Message was edited by: Shakkeer Bilavinakath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal. CME always sends media to the CME router for external calls.

In other words, media flow-around for external calls is not supported, and there is no way to enable it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal. CME always sends media to the CME router for external calls.

In other words, media flow-around for external calls is not supported, and there is no way to enable it.

Thanks for the reply

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shakkeer,

Is your CME router, also a default gateway ( not the voice gateway ) for that branch connecting it to CUCM site ?

GP.

In my scenario, CME is serving two sites. At one site where CME router sits and that is acting as default gateway to CUCM site. In second site CME is only voice gateway and the site got its own Default Gateway to CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: