Views
Helpful
Replies

Security issues facing in CUCM 12.x version

Karthika
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded our Call Manager to 12.0.1.219, and now when I try to add a VG204XM gateway I receive the following error when I try to configure the FXO ports:

"

Access to the requested resource has been denied, The attempted action was a violation of the security protocols and would not be allowed . Please try another action"

"

But when i tried to make other changes like modifying extension , device pools etc were able to perfrom without any issues.  Only when attempted to make the above changes were facing the issue.

Could anyone help me on the same.

Thanks In Advance!

Regards,

Karthika

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

Just want to add to this.

I found this thread by searching for the same error when trying to upload a file for some bulk operations:

Access to the requested resource has been denied.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

I tried restarting the service, closing the browser, clearing cache, and logging back in. None of that helped. Then I used a different browser and, lo-and-behold, it was just fine! No errors, no issues at all.

Ryan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

armaan.rakha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This could be due to bug in v12.x, in multiple cases mentioned error is being observed in v12.x.

Below links for just reference only:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd02584/?rfs=iqvred 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux52267

Cheer's.

Thanks Arman . Appreciate your response on this.

So is that upgrading is the only option ?

Hi,

As per Bug Search Tool, it's fixed in some of upgraded v12.x. It would be preferred to consult to Cisco TAC as well on mentioned issue. Although it's no where clearly mentioned about issue faced while doing the mentioned configuration as you are trying.

Thanks.

Please rate helpful posts !!

This bug still exists in version 12.0.1.21900-7.  I'm attempting to modify an FXS port and receive the same error.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

Does anyone from Cisco have an update timeline for a fix?

Regards,

GN7

Hi there 

Since your running version of CUCM is not being listed as the affected ones and neither in the fixed ones, better open up a TAC and get it resolved.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd02584/?rfs=iqvred%C2%A0

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

Just want to add to this.

I found this thread by searching for the same error when trying to upload a file for some bulk operations:

I tried restarting the service, closing the browser, clearing cache, and logging back in. None of that helped. Then I used a different browser and, lo-and-behold, it was just fine! No errors, no issues at all.

Ryan