cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Backgroung Image for 8851 from CUCM 10.5

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone able to set background image on 8851 phone from CUCM 10.5? There is a Background Image from phone device setting for 8851, but it's not working with couple different setting from CUCM. Does anyone know what format need to fill in the field for image to push down to phone properly?

Thanks

Dat Pham

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you only need the name of the file in there, ie, image1.png

Assuming the images are the same name, and are in the correct folder for the 89XX and 99XX series, they'll get them, make sure to uncheck the option to enable end user access to phone background, if you review the help for the background image parameter, it's explained there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Give the following a read, should get you fixed up:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12439066/8851-background-image-size

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/10_5/english/adminguide/P881_BK_A92A3B94_00_adminguide-8811_41_51_61-10_5/P881_BK_A92A3B94_00_adminguide-8811_41_51_61-10_5_chapter_01010.html#P881_RF_C8927D88_00

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12197616/changing-background-image-all-phones-over-common-phone-settings

Basically, you need to make sure you got everything formatted right and those links should get you there.  That URL box doesn't work on 8800s based on other user's experiences and information.  You are going to have to do it the manual way from what I can gather.  I've never dealt with the 8800s, just the 89xx and 99xx

Brandon,

Thanks for the response. Background setting from phone itself is working ok for me. I have multiple images and all are working fine. I am looking for option that set image from CUCM and has it pushed down to phone, sort of bulk update multiple phones at once from system instead of going to each phone and set it manually. Since there is option setting from device setting in CUCM, there must be a way, but I could not locate any information on what to specify for that field.

Thanks.

DP

Device --> Device Settings - Common Phone Profile

The settings you want are in there towards the middle/end of the page.

What is the field format entry for red box below. I have used the actual location of the image file /Desktops/800x480x24/8851-Image.png, but it's not worked. Any idea?

Thanks

DP

I believe you just specify the folder the phone images are in not the file itself.

No, you only need the name of the file in there, ie, image1.png

Assuming the images are the same name, and are in the correct folder for the 89XX and 99XX series, they'll get them, make sure to uncheck the option to enable end user access to phone background, if you review the help for the background image parameter, it's explained there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime,

I have tested and it works ok now with end user access setting turns off.

DP