Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up PLAR with Cisco Unity Connection

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Our customer has a requirement where they want an IVR to greet all callers who dial their main number. The IVR will play a greeting in Spanish and if the caller presses "9" the same greeting will play again in English. We have this working at another one of their sites where the circuit is R2 Digital CAS and with DID's assigned, however this site we are working on is a little different. It's an analog circuit with no DDI's. We have a PLAR setup and can verify that inbound calls can be received on the main number as things stand, however what we need to do is for all calls to go to the greeting first. The caller is greeted with a message and at any anytime they can dial "0" for reception or they can dial an extension of the person they are trying to reach, if known.

CUCM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Number: 4102716

User Extensions: 41028XX

Translation Patterns: 4102[78]X (CSS-Gateway) translates to 4102800 (the "reception" phone)

28XX (CSS-Internal) allow 4 digit dialling on the site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to this link here, this sounds like it could be the solution for us:

http://www.voiceie.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=3;t=000047

I would need to change the PLAR configuration to another number (same as a CTI RP if that's the way to go), but question is, how do we force calls to route to Cisco Unity Connection and to hit the associated greeting if the caller can only dial the main number?

Hopefully this makes sense.

10 Replies 10

b.t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Create a CTI route point, with a DN.  Then change the PLAR to hit that DN.

On the DN configure a VM Profile to and CFWDall to VM.  This will make the PLAR hit the Unity Connection.

Then - depending on how you want to handle the call, you make need to create a VM box for that DN, or create a routing rule to send it to a cal lhandler.

BT

One corrections to BT is that you do not need a routing rule to route the call to the call handler on UCXN, if the call is forwarded via CTI RP it will match the extension of the call handler and deliver the call to it.

On call handler simply define the Standard Greeting, record the greeting and map out caller input to whatever you want.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris and BT,

Thank you both for your time in replying. I actually managed to figure out the PLAR to Unity Connection part. I created a CTI route point with a DN and forwarded all to VM, changed the voice port PLAR configuration to the same DN and also created a system call handler with the same DN. I also had to change my Inbound Gateway Translation Called Party Transformation Mask to the same DN as calls weren't reaching Unity Connection without it, they were just ringing the extension previously configured in that field.

Just trying to get the greetings to behave in the way I want it to now.

I might be back to seek some assistance on that. :-)

Scott

Glad it is working for you, let us know if there is anything else you need.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi there,

Having an issue with the greetings.

Our CUC setup:

Spanish Mailbox

Caller Input - Dial "0" - Spanish Call Handler (Attempt Transfer)

- Dial "9" - ENG2810 (Go Directly to greetings)

In either Spanish or English, the caller can dial "0" for reception or the extension of the person, if known. We use 7 digit dialling, but 4 digit dialling can be used as we prepend the first 3 digits.

Spanish Call Handler > Transfer Rule > 4102800 (reception phone)

When dialling in, you hear the standard welcome message and when you dial 9, you hear the same message, but in English, but when you dial "0" for reception or dial the extension by 4 or 7 digits, the calls are only routing to the person's mailbox and not their phone. We have the same setup at other sites and it works fine, but not at this site.

I have verified the Internal partition for that site is in the same CSS as what is used for the voicemail ports. I am somewhat confused because I don't see what is wrong with it.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

I'll just jump in here for a moment to try to add to the great tips

from Chris & BT (+5 each guys )

This routing to DN ring or greeting is controlled on the

individual user page under Edit> Transfer Rules;

Transfer Action
Transfer Calls To:

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

Hi Rob,

On the transfer rules on the System Call Handler, it is routing to the reception DN.

So under our Spanish Call Handler on Edit > Transfer Rules, we have the Standard transfer rule going to extension 4102800 (reception DN).

On the user mailbox, the defaults Standard Transfer Rules are still in place, e.g. on mailbox 4102810 the standard, alternate and closed transfer rule is set only to 4102810.

Regards,

Scott

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

And it's set to "Extension" not Greeting?

Is it release to switch or supervised? Is the behavior the same when testing internally

vs external through the FXO's?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, is set to Extension and not Greeting and set to "Release to Switch".

Same results experienced when you dial internal (dial the CTI route point) or external (coming in on the FXO), e.g. plays all the greetings, but when you dial "0" or dial an extension, via 4 or 7 digit, it's just hitting the mailbox of the extension I dial.

I get the feeling it somehow doesn't like the extensions. In the caller input, when we prepend the first 3 digits of a 7 digit extension of another site, we dial the last 4 digits of the extension based at other site and the call rings the phone and then to voicemail if the call is not answered. At this site however, it's justing hitting the mailbox.

I have checked the extensions in CUCM and there are no forwards to voicemail in place and the device / line CSS is good.

I even removed the call handler from the caller input, deleted it and recreated it again going over the same steps just to make sure, but still the same behaviour occurs. :-(

I am actually heading off on holiday tomorrow, so will be back in a week. If you have any ideas, let me know and I will see what I can do about implementing them.

Merry christmas all and thanks for your help. :-)

Hi all,

Just to update you on the issue, I managed to get this issue resolved. I deleted both the System Call Handlers and the Voicemail boxes and re-created them again and when I dialled in from external, verified all of the recordings were functioning and when dialling an extension, it was ringing the extension this time, as opposed to going straight to the person's voicemail. Not entirely sure what caused that, if it was just a "funny" with CUC or if there was something in my setup not quite right (who knows what though), but it's now resolved. :-)

Cheers,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: