Helpful
Replies

Setup Cisco BE4000

Droese
Level 1
Level 1
Good day,

I bought a small company two years ago.

A UC560 is used for telephony in this company. Cisco IP Phones 7975 are attached to it. An ASA5506-X serves as the firewall.

Unfortunately, the UC560 has reached the end of its capabilities and has not been updateable for a long time.

Here is still a BE4000 in its original packaging, which should serve as a replacement. The device was bought online at the time.

I administer the UC560 via CLI or CCA.

Unfortunately, I cannot start up the BE4000 without a partner.

Even worse, nobody can supposedly do this. I have contacted more than one Cisco partner but they all say "is not a device from us" or "we do not know what to do" Thank you too.

I would like to do it, it can't be more "complex" than the UC560. But I can't get a partner account.

Hence my question in the round. Could someone please put the BE4000 into operation?

Otherwise the Cisco era ends in this office and I buy a Yealink system or something similar.

Sorry, but how can I curtail the owner so that he CANNOT set up his own product.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you purchased this box, you can setup using user manuals, if you stuck with licenses, then you should contact license@cisco.com with valid PO, they may help you :

if you already hands-on on another device, you can work with a quick start guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/be/be4000/partnerportal/guide/be4k_b_be4000-partner-portal-guide/be4k_b_be4000-partner-portal-guide_chapter_0100.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Droese
Level 1
Level 1

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I'm still facing the same problem. i have to register as a partner.

However, I am an "end user" or a specific admin / decision maker in the company.

So how can I proceed to get the BE4000 running, which I found in the IT room when I bought the company two years ago.

you are end-user, contact license@cisco.com 

whatever information you have - reset the device to the factory and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The product indeed requires partner involvement, that's the way it was meant to be sold and configured.

It required a subscription as it was managed via a cloud portal while the appliance was local to the office.

It's already in the EOS/EOL phase:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-4000/eos-eol-notice-c51-743163.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-4000/eos-eol-notice-c51-743162.html

Unless it had a valid subscriptions before the EOS last year, you would not be able to buy any subscription right now to get it to work, and as the appliance is locked down to only be used as a BE4000, there is no local admin interface to configure it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just to be sure one more time. The device is therefore only electronic scrap, since I could not convince a partner to put the device into operation ("have no experience with the device").

Due to Corona, I now have some time to take care by myself. But there is no way to put the device into operation even for money and good words?

The EOL message says End of New Service Attachment Date: May 31, 21

So I should still be able to conclude a contract, right?

Please give us a short feedback.

Suggest you reach out to a local Cisco SE (or your SE if you have one) to find out if there are/were any local Cisco Partners who were involved in the BE4000 program as not all of them chose to sell the product and take it from there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate