cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing a DN between users for forwarding?

jldavis02
Level 1
Level 1

I have a team that would like a number set up to forward to whoever is on call. The one way I can think to do this most easily would be to assign the DN to all the users phones, so they can all change the call forwarding through their phone or the self service portal, but that would lead to something of a mess just having it assigned to 7 phones, or put it on one persons phone and everyone has to use that phone to forward.

Ideally I'd prefer a way to associate the DN to the user account so it showed up in the self service portal without showing up on the phones. Any thoughts on how something like that could be done? Using CUCM 11.5.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Create a CTI Route Point, assign the DN to that, and associate the CTIRP to the End Users as a Controlled Device. That should allow them to control it through Self Care.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Create a CTI Route Point, assign the DN to that, and associate the CTIRP to the End Users as a Controlled Device. That should allow them to control it through Self Care.

Perfect! Thank you for that suggestion, it looks like it will do exactly what I'm wanting!