Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous ring between CUCM endpoints and MS Teams endpoints

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with CUCM who wants a solution where DDI extensions can be allocated simultaneously to IP phones registered to CUCM and MS Teams endpoints. If the DDI number is called the requirement is for both CUCM and Teams devices to ring and for the user to be able to answer on both. Being able to transfer between CUCM devices and Teams devices is also required.

I don't believe that Cisco has a solution that could support this and my research has lead me to Ribbon Connect which is a cloud based offering that seems to offer this type of functionality but the details are a little be vague.

Does anyone have any experience of this product and integrating it with CUCM? The only way I can see it working is if the service appears as multiple CUCM third party SIP devices which are effectively then shared lines. This would have an impact on licensing and I am not sure whether it would be possible to deploy a CUBE to hide the CUCM infrastructure.

Any info would be useful either about implementing Ribbon Connect or some other solution.

1 Reply 1

If you integrate CM with Teams via Direct Routing then you can get both devices to ring if you use Mobile Connect feature in CM. A prerequisite to this is that the call ingress to or originate in CM so that the Mobile Connect functionality can be invoked.

Response Signature