cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP - Cisco Telepresence EX90 - Max # of calls

johnhsnow
Level 1
Level 1

SIP CiscoTelepresence EX90 - DN has 4 max calls.

EX90 running TC6.2

UCM - 9.1

SCCP phones - DN's have 200 max calls.

Does anyone know if this is hardware limitation or how to increase this parameter?  The ad-hoc conferencing parameter is configured for 8 in service parameters. The device pool points to the default software conference bridge.

regards,

John

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Looks like its hard coded to 4 for EX90.I tried increasing the value to '5' in my lab on CUCM 9.1.2 and CUCM 10.X built on different platforms but it doesn't allow the number to be increased and results in the following error

"Update failed. DeviceNumPlanMap MaxNumCalls value exceeds the limitation for this type of device"

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish for posting that error, it is the same one I get as well.

I was reading through the EX90 document on ad-hoc conferencing. If the design includes the MCU and the configuration below, would this give us what we need? Is this limitation only seen when the device uses its own internal bridge?

Unfortunately, I do not have the MCU for this. There is couple cli commands to verify whether EX90 is using CM or MCU after its configured. I would be interested to know if this would change the device limitation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc6/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_tc6_on_ucm90.pdf

About ad hoc conferencing

To enable ad hoc conferencing the Cisco Unified CM must be set up with a Conference Bridge (media resources), and the conference bridge must be added as a Cisco Telepresence MCU in Cisco Unified CM. Configuration of Cisco Unified CM is described earlier in this guide. Refer to the Multipoint Mode setting in the "Product specific configuration layout" on page 14.

Verifying the setup

The ad hoc conference setup can be verified by running the following command on the endpoint (codec):

xStatus Conference Multipoint Mode

CUCMMediaResourceGroupList: Multiparty conferences (adhoc conferences) will be hosted by the Cisco Unified CM configured conference bridge.

Any other result indicates that the codec is not configured for ad hoc conferences on Cisco Unified CM.

The codec built in bridge setup can be verified by running the following command on the endpoint:

xStatus Conference UseBuiltInBridge

False: The CUCM ad hoc conferencing mode is used.

True: The internal built in bridge on the endpoint is used. Calls will not escalate to any external media resource

Regards,

John

Hi John,

I could not find any further details on this with MCU in picture, every reference that i came across had max calls 4. However, i would suggest posting this query under the Telepresence support forum for their thoughts on this

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/telepresence?view=overview

Manish

Thanks Manish for your help. I will repost in Telepresence.