Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Proxy end to end unexpected behaviour

Hello Everyone

i have my CUBE configured as End to End proxy server ,, and when i try to make a call , I receive 503

User---> CUBE ----> PBX

1) User calls 2) Cube forward to PBX 3) when PBX 407 Require Authenticate , the cube doesn't return the message to the User for authentication and send 503 back

can anyone please help

Please find the logs and the Wireshark capture from the cube interface

10 Replies 10

I have not checked your file as it’s a compressed file and I don’t open that from unknown sources due to security concerns. It would be better if you post your data as raw text files.

That said I don’t think that you’re understanding of how Cube would operate is correct. I’ve never seen it pass along the authentication to the client/user, the Cube would be the one that authenticate when challenged by the PBX.

Response Signature

The website didn't accept Wireshark files .. not supported type to upload so i compressed everything … don't worry bro nothing bad in there 2 txt files and the pcap file of wireshark

It’s not that I don’t trust you, but I’m forbidden by our internal security policies to open your compressed file.

Response Signature

I'm here on @Roger Kallberg's side.
Why does the PBX challenge the CUBE to authenticate in the first place? It's not CUBE is like an endpoint/enduser, that should need to register to the PBX. There should be a static SIP trunk between PBX and CUBE.
And as Roger said, why should the CUBE forward that authenticate to the phone?

And even if it would be like that: Did you get any registration credentials from the one, who configured the PBX? If not, how would you expect that the CUBE will register / authenticate towards the PBX?

According to all of your posts, I don't really understand your complete setup or what you are trying to build and I also think, that there is a big gap of knowledge, how CUBE works and how it is operated / set up.

concept is quite common

HeshamMohamedElSayed_1-1663933076194.jpeg

I might be a beginner in this forum but i am actually a double CCIE ,  What i am trying to achieve is a valid design by Cisco and like million on online sip proxy that relay registrations and calls and integrate different voice network and no they don't have to haver a "SIP Trunk" to one of the network 

HeshamMohamedElSayed_0-1663932942412.png

Cisco Content Hub - Configuring SIP Registration Proxy on Cisco UBE

I never wrote anything about a “SIP Trunk”. I guess that you’re mixing up the responses you got.

Please share the text files for your configuration and debug as plain text files outside of your compressed file and I’ll have a look at them.

Response Signature

Wouldn't you say, that this info would have been helpful from the beginning?
I mean, nobody else expect you know's the setup and we cannot read anyone's mind or read a glassball.
How do you expect others to be able to help you, if you just throw chunks of info around you? Same as in your other posts ...

Don't get me wrong, but when you have already double CCIE, I expect you to know how to describe, troubleshoot and document a problem (share the config, share debugs, describe the setup and the problem, share the versions, involved hardware / software types, ...)

Also, you were talking about a call.
A call has nothing to with what you just came up with. The registration process is done beforehand.
Which is the next question: Is your device already registered successfully to the PBX?

At first you didn't know that you can have CUBE as a proxy server Edge to Edge and that the design is wrong and there should be a SIP trunk , and now when you saw Cisco diagram you came back that i was not clear

For sure they will make calls after registering they are not registering just to be friends , in addition i attached all the sip packets between the source and destination , the running config and debug output

Bro this a technical forum not a reality show , if you are able to help that would be great if you don't just don't bother yourself with all the blaming , you could have just ask for more clarification on the design while i think just saying " End to End proxy server is enough" but anyway Thanks  

Let's all calm down and be civil. @Hesham Mohamed El Sayed If you want help please provide adequate information for us to be able to understand the thing that you need help with, without us guessing what it is, and please share the asked for information in a format that can be consumed. If you select to not do that we can not help you out. It's as simple as that.

Response Signature