cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP refer in Direct routing sends internal Teams transfer to CUBE ?

mrvoipstuff
Level 1
Level 1

have recently setup direct routing on CUBE with Teams following the integration guide below

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/interoperability-portal/direct-routing-with-cube.pdf

I noticed if a Teams client attempts to perform an internal transfer to another teams client it instead sends the REFER back out to CUBE as it were transferring externally out to PSTN. It ideally should stay within the Teams phone system as transfer was internal to another Teams user. If I disable the SIP refer and use standard INVITE then internal transfer works as normal without the request (INVITE) ever getting to CUBE. Only where it's an external transfer out to PSTN it sends the INVITE back to CUBE

Is there anything in the configuration (that +AAA@ I suspect) which sort of binds any refer messages to always be sent out CUBE's way ? I would like to use refer ideally as it's efficient compared to separate channel consumed by the INVITE. But doing so obviously causes the above issue. 

Appreciate any feedback. let me know if require to post SIP ladder/CCSIP trace. thanks. 

17 Replies 17

mrvoipstuff
Level 1
Level 1

No joy with upper case SBC either .. Well atleast I know after your comments what is the issue. only can't figure out how DP 290 is going to be matched for transfer scenario .. it gets matched for normal incoming from Teams ...

mrvoipstuff
Level 1
Level 1

this was resolved after adding  sip-profiles inbound under voice service voip mode. i had it earlier in the tenant only. After adding it in voice service voip as per guide then was able to prepend AAA prefix which was in turn used by REFER (DP 280). thanks for your help

Glad you made it work. As you figured out inbound processing of SIP profiles needs to be turned on globally under voice service voip as well as defined under a tenant or on a dial peer.

Response Signature