Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk down after inactivity

Turbo727
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently set up SIP trunk for a client. it had worked fine until about two days later since it was registered. The SIP trunk went down and never tried to re-register. in the peirod of time, there was no call activity. I had to reboot the router to bring the trunk back up.

anyone knows if there is a timer setting, which could stop the trunk registering with SIP provider after inactivity.

Many thanks.

17 Replies 17

Hi Hassan

TAC gave me a debug image to try and find the source of the issue, unfortunatly (or fortunatly) the debug image actually solved the problem.

TAC advised me to just continue to use the debug image.

Hi,

I have tried that debug image too, as Danny mentioned, it did fix the problem.

(love all the debug output that cant be turned off)

More recently Cisco asked if I could test with a 'alpha' release.

Everything is working.

So I think it is more that cisco  must be waiting on other stuff to put in the release other then just this fix.

Lachlan

I was a little bit annoyed with Cisco as they had junked the bug because they weren't able to reproduce it in the Lab, I raised another TAC case asking for it to be re-opened and that is when they gave me the debug image.

This was after the issue effected a customer for nearly 4 months.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: