cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk normalization script to append @webex.com to dialing string

donmitswv
Level 1
Level 1

We recently set up an Expressway pair for a customer to route their video calls to their webex site. with this, we also configured a simplified dialing string allowing them to dial 8 + <meeting number> and then created a transformation on the Expressway-C that appends @customer.webex.com as specified in the Cloud deployment guide.

What the guide fails to mention is that due to how calls are processed through the Expressway that to use a transformation in this manor requires that an RMS license is used instead of the free Cloud traversal license for Webex calls with Expressway X8.7.

The only thing I can think of is using a Normalization script in CUCM for the trunk so the @customer.webex.com is already there when the call is sent to the Expressway. The problem I have is i have no experience with these scripts. Can anyone shed some light on how to make this transformation happen with a script or if its even possible?

Thanks,

Don Mynes

1 Reply 1

William Lake
Level 1
Level 1

try this swapping MYDomain for the WebEx site domain.

M = {}
function M.outbound_INVITE(msg)
   local str_method, str_req_uri, str_ver = msg:getRequestLine()
   local str_req_uri_new = string.match(str_req_uri, "%d+@")
   local str_to
   if string.len(str_req_uri_new) == 10 then
       str_req_uri_new = "sip:" .. str_req_uri_new .. "MYDOMAIN.webex.com"
       str_to = "To: <sip:" .. str_req_uri_new .. "MYDOMAIN.webex.com>"
       msg:setRequestUri(str_req_uri_new)
       msg:modifyHeader("To",str_req_uri_new)
   end
end
return M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: