Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk Utilization

robert.horrigan
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

How can I pull historical SIP trunk utilization from Call Manager and SIP Peer utilization from IOS gateways?  I have CDR, but that does not seem to show anything, and I have SSM, but that also does not seem to be able to record that utilization.  I appreciate any feed back.

/r

Rob

7 Replies 7

fkarami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

You are right. There is no way on CUCM to report on the Utilization of the SIP trunk. As far as I am aware, Cisco does not have any products that would report on this either. I have also looked to see if there is an enhancement request for CUCM to be able to do so, but could not find anything. Your best bet would be something third party.

Cheers,

Farbod

Jyothi V
Level 1
Level 1

For historical SIP trunk utilization, you can look at your Cisco CDR Reporting and Analysis (CAR) web page, and  Use the Gateway Utilization report to monitor trunk utilization.

If the SIP trunk is used as part of a route group, you can go to Device Reports -> Route Plan -> Route and Line Group Utilization.

However, The built in call manager CDR tool doesn't allow a report to be run for trunks, until 8.5. This is documented here:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd77306

And, for the dial-peer utilized you can use 'debug voip ccapi inout'

Hope this helps. Please rate useful posts!

Thanks,

Jyothi

Jyothi,

Thanks.  I tried this and I get no results for the SIP traffic, even though there is traffic during the times I ran CDR.  Is there some setting I need to change to allow SIP to be monitored?s

fkarami
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently away from office, returning back to work on 4th of

January 2011. If you would like to talk to another engineer, please

contact the Toll Free number for your area as outlined in my signature.

Alternatively, wait until my return to work and I will contact you then.

With Regards,

Farbod Karami

Customer Support Engineer (Unified Communications)

Cisco Systems, Inc. .:|:.:|:.

Aisa Pacific TAC - Sydney

I am also looking for a tool to pull-out the utilization report for SIP Trunks

I have point to point interface connected to sip provider

and I see utilization of interface in mrtg

Hi Sajish

For SIP trunk utilization from RTMT,

Go to RTMT > Performance > Look for the server that is processing the calls >

Cisco SIP > choose the SIP Trunk that you want to monitor > Select the counter that

works for you

For historical SIP trunk utilization, you can look at your Cisco CDR Reporting and Analysis (CAR) web page:

For the SIP Trunk utilization report go to Servicibilty page -> CDR Analysis and

Reporting.

Go to Device Reports->Trunk->Utilization and generate a report

This is available from version 8.5 and is documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_5_1/delta/delta.html#wp1895233

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Jyothi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: