Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Licensing in CUCM11.5

shibin.kumar.ic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Does CUCM version 11.5 support smart licensing? If yes, are there any configuration steps available ?

10 Replies 10

b.winter
VIP
VIP

No, it doesn't.

Smart Licensing support started with 12.0.

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

Smart Licensing is from 12.0.

If your question is about flex, you can have the Flex V11 license which you can install it on PLM.

Response Signature

Thank you , yes its flex license but I havent received a PAK with it. I can see a subscription ID instead. 

Did you use the specific Flex SKU for 11 when you ordered? Search the community, there has been multiple posts on this the last few weeks.

Response Signature

Product number is mentioned as A-FLEX-SME-S

product number is mentioned as A-FLEX-SME-S

@shibin.kumar.ic wrote:

product number is mentioned as A-FLEX-SME-S

That part is the Session Manager add-on, not one of the core licence parts.  Do you have the full configuration?

To activate the subscription  you need to complete the provisioning process.

You might have  received a provisioning mail from Cisco for the order.

Response Signature

Although you're interested in the CUCM product here, counter intuitively Cisco treats these as Webex orders.  The selling partner should have received a Webex provisioning email, he can respond by designating you to do the provisioning, or he can do it himself.  All that really does is create a placeholder customer account.  Once the Webex provisioning is complete, an Edelivery order will be kicked off with the PAK etc.

If the process is getting hung up somewhere, you can raise a case with Licensing because I'm pretty sure they can issue at least a 90 day temporary licence to tide you over.  

What's a little odd is that I don't think the Subscription ID Is generated until that provisioning has been done. When I've had an order hung up somewhere we have had the Cisco Web Order ID, but no subscription.