Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP issue

S Sadiq
Level 1
Level 1

SNMP Response failing alarm were trigger 

>>No SNMP data is being reported from A-subpub01.abc.com Check that the snmp community has not been changed, either on the device or moniting tool

If the SNMP credentials are correct, check that a firewall is not blocking SNMP access to this device from the monitoring tool

Verified the SNMP configure at GW CLI

Do I have to run the utils snmp test ?

Any other troubleshooting need to be done

6 Replies 6

S Sadiq
Level 1
Level 1

Utils snmp test 

output

TestAlarmInformational sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmEmergency sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmAlert sent [returncode=0]
TestAlarmCritical sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmDebug sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmNotice sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmWarning sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmError sent [Returncode=0]
TestAlarmWindows sent [Returncode=0]

- Check if the SNMP service is active on the particular node or not

- Collect the PCAP from the effected node and filter it out by snmp, see the packets flow if it is correct or not [Check the IP etc].

- Validate the community string on CUCM and monitoring tool.

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Thanks Abhay !

Can you guide the steps for checking above details.

As I logged into sub servicibility -Tools-Contact center feature service ->selected the node but didn't got and snmp details.

Another tab for SNMP which conails version ,mib but not sure so I left it

In the Control Center - Network Services window, verify that the system started the SNMP services.

Restart the SNMP Master Agent service in the Control Center - Network Features window.

Use the below link to collect PCAPs from CLI

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/44376/packet-capture-cucm-appliance-model

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

ok,will there be any issue if I  Restart the SNMP Master Agent service from serviceability ?

and can I run

"utils network  capture eth0 file CUCMpackets count 100000 size all host ip 10.1.1.1 "

As 10.1.1.1 is my subscriber 

After collecting the PCAPs logs file what are the details I have searched (error code ,reason code.. etc )

It is quite expected that the restart of the SNMP service will impact in polling till the time it comes back up. 

Post the PCAP's here in the discussion. 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal