Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkeys not working on IP phones

sayeedibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I will appreciate support for a situation I have encountered for one customer.

The server hardware is MCS 7825. A total of upto 600 IP phones registered. I noticed that the conference bridge is registered on the subsriber.

Client have 1 Publisher & 1 Subscriber. Th  CUCM version is 6.

When a call is received from a telco line/mobile, end user answers calls but cannot transfer or take another party in a conference call as the softkeys are non functional. This is not the case for extension to extension communication. Also when i naviagte within the cucm gui, i noticed a delay to navigate between pages.

Thanks

Ibrahim SAYEED

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure the Gateway configuration in CUCM does not have "require MTP" checked.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure the Gateway configuration in CUCM does not have "require MTP" checked.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check and confirm on that.

Yes 'MTP Required option" was checked. The issue got resolved when i unchecked the option. Thanks Chris.

Hi Chris and Ibrahim,

We are experiencing the same problem. We found this thread and looked on the gateway but we don't see the option "MTP Required".  Where exactly did you find it?

Thanks in advance for your help and time,

Vince

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The gateway definition on call manager, upper portion of it.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for your quick response Chris, I appreciate it.  I should've mentioned that the gateway in question is MGCP not H.323.  I don't see that option in the MGCP gateway configuration screens. 

It is under the specific trunk, i.e. PRI under the MGCP GW drill down to the port.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: