cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPAM/Robo Calls

Jacob190000
Level 1
Level 1

I'm very interested to hear what others have done to filter out and reject incoming SPAM calls. For us, this is a very tricky thing to do considering most of these calls have spoofed numbers & Caller ID info. Simply rejecting certain numbers either at the H323 GW, or CUCM does nothing as they can instantly change the calling number. Rejecting unknown callers is also not an option, as Caller ID is often spoofed or left blank with legitimate callers. I am currently looking into a way to possibly reject multiple call attempts from/to the same number, but not sure if this is possible. Has anyone else had any success in preventing these SPAM calls from reaching their users? Our setup is PRI --> H323 GW --> CUCM --> End User Extension.

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is virtually impossible to battle, because like you say they morph the caller ID.

If this is hindering your operations, you might want to consider putting an IVR in the path that requires manual input. and also involve your telco to see to what extend they can put blocks in place and or black list

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Yeah an IVR is another option we've considered. This would be a pretty large operation for us considering we've got about 100 locations each with their own H323 GW & voice circuits. I think it would then look like this: PRI --> H323 GW --> IVR -->CUCM --> End User Extension. I will continue to work on a way to block multiple calls from the same number (within X Seconds)..

We're battling this issue as well. Just imported a bunch of DIDs for staff and they started getting a bunch of spam calls. Blocking the numbers is not an option since they will easily change the calling no. I do like the suggestion of some sort of IVR. I'm thinking maybe Unity Connnection could come in handy. Maybe we can ask the caller to press 1 to be connected or something along those lines.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I forward SPAM callers to talk to Lenny (with great success!).

LOL, you seem quite intimate with Lenny!!!

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

@Dennis Mink wrote:

LOL, you seem quite intimate with Lenny!!!

What can I say, when it works ... 

lol..I wish I could forward all my calls to Lenny !

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: