cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial 8841 phone

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I may have found the answer that this is not supported - but just wanted to confirm. Can a pause be entered on a speed dial key that is long pressed to program? Currently I have a couple of menu numbers requiring a password and another number, such as Google Voice. I access those by selecting the Speed Dial entry number in the Self Care Portal that has the required pauses with commas, then pressing the 2 far right dots on the bottom softkey row, then Abbr dial. But I don't see a way to add a pause to the programmable key.

I also made a custom Softkey Template for my phone - the option to add Abbreviated Dialing when on hook does not exist. I added it as an off hook option, when I go off hook Abbr dial appears, when I press that an Abbr dial field appears on the top of the screen, but entering 1, 01, or 001 (or 2) times out to a fast busy. 

I wonder then - the next best thing to a programmable key, is there a way to select a Speed Dial or Abbreviated Dial when on or off hook, and just enter the one digit index? I also verified when viewing my phone in CUCM Add/Update Speed Dials does show the corresponding numbers from the Portal.

6 Replies 6

If you explain what outcome you want to achieve we might better be able to provide you with help.

Response Signature

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Ideally, to program (long press) a key with a phone number with pauses, continued by more digits. I currently can program those keys with only digits, or at least I'm not aware how to insert a pause. 

Alternatively, being able to access a Speed Dial number pressing a softkey followed by the Speed Dial index. Not a big deal, but currently it's a few steps.

You can configure a speed dial with pauses by using commas in the dial string you put on the speed dial. It would however not exactly behave as you seem to want it. It would dial the string when you press the speed dial and not behave differently on short or long presses.

Response Signature

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I'm able to enter pauses by entering commas in the Portal, and that process works fine, the pauses happened to be timed accordingly. What I don't know how to do, or if it's possible - is to enter a pause when long pressing a programmable key.

I know those keys programmed on the phone won't show in the Portal, so I wouldn't be able to edit them that way. I tried long pressing * and # to see if a pause or , option came up, it did not. I'll be back in the office Monday to see if there's any other options/methods.

That is not possible. From what I know there is no such thing as getting different opinions with long presses.

Response Signature

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get the entire dial string with pauses (a Google Voice number, *, password, & my linked number) onto a key by accessing Modify Button Items - disassociating the exiting auto dial (long press) key - then from Unassigned Associated Items, choose the speed dial I created in the Portal, and move it into the Associated Items section, then moving it up to the position where the 'long press' key was. 

I can just press that key to dial the entry. Probably none of my customers will ask to have such a thing - I just wanted to see if it could be done, like on my home analog phones. I know I'm one of the few that still have them (with an ATA).