Helpful
Replies

SRST - Hunt question

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

Have a doubt with VG SRST.

We have VG connected to CUCM via SIP Trunk. We have 2 dial peer one for CUCM PUB and one for CUCM SUB with preferences.

We are planning to test SRST feature on GW by bringing down both CUCM.

Current scenario :

Call --> GW --> CUCM --> UCCX --> IP Phone.

Planning to Test :

Call --> GW --> to Phones registered with SRST.

Currently the caller will dial one number which goes to CUCM then UCCX and it comes to IP Phone. Is there a way to set like in SRST when the call comes in it should go to the phones registered with that branch in algorithmic order.

Currently phones got extension 2XXX and the Main number coming to the GW is 1XXX from service provider. CAn anyone suggest me how to make 1XXX number to ring the 2XXX extensions on SRST mode.

Thanks

Sathya

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using SCCP or SIP SRST config as they are different and require different config, basically what phone model is the destination for your SRST main call routing?

Hi Chris,

I have a similar setup except for me it goes :

Call --> GW --> CUCM --> CUC AA --> IP Phone.

SRST

Call --> GW --> to Phones registered with SRST (hunt group)

I am using SIP SRST. So the analog trunks are forwarded to AA extension but in SRST mode, I would like it to forward to a hunt group in SIP SRST.

I was thinking a translation rule to translate the AA extension to the hunt group extension for the third voip dial peer at pref 2, since there are already two voip dial peers configured for CUCM cluster.

But i havent tested this as yet. What are your thoughts?

Also I use a SIP trunk to the GW not mgcp.