Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH connection with Cisco CP-8851

simvoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we're using CUCM V 11.5.1.12900-2. i'am trying to activate SSH connection on an IP phone which is done because i can now try to log with Putty and it is asking for a user/password.

In CUCM in device > Phone  I did change the Secure Shell Information (user and password) but it lookslike the phone won't update with this configuration or it won't accept connection even if the SSH access is enabled.

can somebody help me ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I am not sure if you could do that through the CLI. The shell is restricted to phone debugs AFAIK. Root access might be possible but not for customers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Purpose for enabling shell access on the phone ?

since we got alot of different sites. we wanted to see if we could reset phones with command line and use the auto-registration without having someone onsite doing this.

when i mean auto-registration i mean when you dial 70100 + DN + #

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Phone shell is for debugging purposes primarily. Root should be confined to DE or TAC access only. If you need to reset remotely, bounce the switch ports.

when i mean reset i mean a reset to factory default.

and then use the auto-provisionning.

but ok thank you for your answer.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I am not sure if you could do that through the CLI. The shell is restricted to phone debugs AFAIK. Root access might be possible but not for customers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: