cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard Local Route Group not working UCM 7.1

itgoes211
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure local route groups in UCM 7.1  Dosent appear to be much to it but for some reason its not working. I stripped it down to the bare minimum config but still no luck. When I do  DNA on the call it makes it to the following but never goes to the Route Group I have configured in the Device Pool.

• Route List :Route List Name= LOCAL-RL
    • RouteGroup :RouteGroup Name= Standard Local Route Group

If I replace the Gateway/Route List in the Route Pattern it works fine. Is there a service parameter or enterprise setting I need to enable? I have configured the Device Pool to point to the Route Group as well.

7 Replies 7

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what protocol is tha gateway running?

The gateway is running MGCP

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the device pool, did you select the appriopriate gateway that will be used in conjuction with the local route group. You need to select the proper gateway, thats the way to localized call routing using local route groups

Please rate all useful posts

If you are talking about the drop down box for  "Local Route Group"? If so I did select the route group for the device pool. I do not see a place to select a gateway just the route group.

Thanks

Yes, I mean the route group which has the appriopriate gateway. You need to look at CCM logs and see whats going on. If you get callmanager logs you can send it here ands I will have a look for you

From my experience DNA does not test Local route groups, so you cant use DNA to see whats going on.

Please rate all useful posts

OK it's working.... One thing that is a very very good poit that aokanlawon pointed out was that DNA does NOT test local route groups which is kind of a pain. If you do a DNA it will stop at the point that it that it reports:

RouteGroup :RouteGroup Name= Standard Local Route Group

Thanks everyone

Here's the defect information on DNA :

CSCtl43943    DNA does not show local route group information

Symptom:

DNA results just show 'Local Route Group' but do not show the devices in the route
group. The problem is that DNA does not do a search to determine the appropriate
LRG for the selected calling device.

Conditions:

Occurs if doing an analysis of a pattern that points to a route list containing the
Standard Local Route Group.

Workaround:

Manually look at the device pool for the calling device to determine the configured
route group for that device, then manually look at the settings of those devices to
determine any transformations.

---

This defect is in a new state - so no time estimate on the bug fix.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !