cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Starting MeetMe from an external phone

crbates
Level 5
Level 5

I have a client that has several mobile/remote employees that need conferencing.  Is there a way to create an always on meet me, or a way that the remote user can start the meet me?

Thanks

18 Replies 18

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can use one of the DID nos. as an external meet me conference number for remote users and get that DID translated to the internal meet me number when the call comes in with that number. Eg:- The external meet me DID number is 1-407-525-7900. You then translate the number to the internal meet me number 7000 in the CUCM. The remote users can dial in to the DID and get translated to 7000. For configuring translation pattern pl refer the following doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_1_2/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts.

Hello Nitesh,

I have checked the link u have given...but i cant understand that article..i cant understand how to configure the translation pattern...

can you please help me...i have a DID number 4113......and meet me number 102...plzzzz helpme

can you please give me the detailed configuration.....

Regards

Nilesh

niloorane@gmail.com

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can't start a meet-me unless you press the meet-me softkey and you cannot create an always on meet-me.

If you're looking for conferencing capabilities you'll need to look into MeetingPlace.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In that case he can have a receptionist transfer the external caller to the meet me conference by hitting the transfer button and dialling the meet me number. Though not very sure, i guess i had tried this setup in my lab long back and it had worked. We can give it a try.

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Pl rate helpful posts.

Hi,

Have a look at the following thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2037598

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Dear

javalenc

I dont want to initiate the Meet Me conference from outside, i will initiate the conference internally but the caller from outside can join that initiated conference...is it possible?

Regards

Nilesh

Hi Nilesh

Yes, you can access a meetme from outside (as long as it has been started by an IP Phone already). The rules for this are the same as for any other DN:

- Must be in CSS of the gateway (or translated)

- Must have a DDI number

- Must have regions/locations config that permits the call (e.g. if the call arrives at a remote/WAN site and the MeetMe is hosted by CUCM software conference bridge, you must permit G711 over the WAN or transcode)

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaron Harrison

Thanks for the information...

but i am not good in CCM configuration so can you please tell me the detail procedure and configuration for the same...

i have configured MGCP gateway in CCM, i wanted to translate 1020 DID number to 1001 Meet me number..the external callers will call on the DID 1020 and it will be translated to meet me 1001 number so that they can join the the meet me initiated conference.

kindly give me the detail procedure,

Thanking you

Nilesh

Hi Nilesh

Just add a translation pattern (call routing/translation patterns/add). Give it a number of 1020, usually in your 'internal' partition (i.e. the one that phone DNs are in). Give it a Calling Search Space that can reach internal numbers, and a called party mask of 1001.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear

Aaron

Thanks for the information...i did like the same u have mentioned...but i am still having problem with that...i have tried to add the existing DID number 4113 which is configured on IP phone...it gives me an error message..please find the attach pic..

Kindly help me..

Regards

Nilesh

Hi

As the error message says, you cannot have the same pattern (ie. number) on a phone and a translation pattern at the same time.

You should remove the line from the phone, then add it as a translation pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Dear Aaron,

Thank you so much..finally it works..one more and last question...

1. How can i secure this meet me conference..i mean if external caller called the specified DID number to join the existing conference it should ask for a code.

2. For " AD Hoc Conference" i can see the list of users joined in the conference even i can remove the specific user from the list .....but in case of Meet Me...i cant see the users joined in the conference.

3. In Meet Me conference if initiater of the Meet Me conference hangup the phone..rest of the users who are already joined to the conference will not be disconnected...

Description :- if i hungup the initiator IP Phone..all the other users joined to that conference should be disconneted automatically...this is working fine with AD HOC Conference but not with Meet Me..

Can you please help me to fix all above points..

Thanking you...

Nilesh

Dear Aaron,

Any sugessions for above points....

In above points atleast 2nd point need to be fixed...can u please help me

Regards

Nilesh

Hello..Aaron

Please help me to configure translation pattern....

Regards

Nilesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: