Views
Helpful
Replies

StoneFax with Cisco

Ehab.Shaqoura
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

My customer have a one E1 line , and we have configure the voice gateway as a SIP gateway with CUCM and all works fine .

Now , my customer have Imagicle stone fax system and wants to make a number from E1 to be for a fax , I don't know how exactly to do this , after a lot of search , I have configured a sip trunk on VG for incoming faxes , for outgoing faxes I have configure sip trunk on CUCM , on stonefax server when trying to send fax , the status is sent but when check the remote fax machine nothing received and not ringing , I don't what is the issue and needs help .

Thanks

BR

2 Replies 2

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You may follow the guidelines that are include in the following configuration guide, starting from page 12:

https://kbp.imagicle.com/kb/pdf-cat/67/

Let me know if this works for you, alternatively you may need to post some logs from your Voice Gateway.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Tim Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ehab.

I have a customer with numerous sites using an ISR 29XX or a 43XX using E1 interfaces. They have a centralised StoneFax solution in their data centre. I have T38 dial-peers that point to the StoneFax server directly and bypass CUCM altogether, I just don't see the point in having CUCM involved as another level of complication and/or point of failure. 

Example of the dial-peer is below, destination pattern has been masked for privacy reasons. This customer uses an E.164 dial-plan. Up until later releases of the IAS, it didn't support E.164 so it made the dial-peers more complicated. Now they do, it is very straightforward as you can see.

Let me know if anything needs clarifying. 

dial-peer voice 42688 voip
description INBOUND/OUTBOUND FROM IAS
huntstop
destination-pattern XXX
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.100.0.80 (IP Address of IAS)
voice-class codec 1
fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711alaw
no vad