Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop outgoing calls for some IP phones in CME

sagar.sarker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured CME with around 30 IP Phones. All the phones have identical configuration and are able to make calls without any restrictions. Now customer wants to restrict some phones not to make any outgoing calls other than internal calls.

Please help me on this issue. Is COR is a workaround for this.

Regards,

Sagar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sagar,

As of now i can think only of COR to assign calling privileges in CME. By the way i agree that you will have to configure COR for all dialling patterns but you need not assign COR on all IP phones. If COR is not assigned to an ephone, that particular phone can make all outbound calls. Hence basically you will need to apply COR list to only those 2 IP phones in question.

Eg:-

Dial-peer cor list Manager

Member 911

Member 1800

Member 1900

Member local_call

Ephone-dn 3

Number 1003

Cor incoming Manager

Ephone-dn 4

Number 1004

Note: On the Ephone-dn 4 there is no COR applied.

With this configuration:

• Ephone-dn 3 (1003) can call 911,1800,1900 and local numbers.

• Ephone-dn 4 (1004) can call all the numbers possible from that           router.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sagar,

Certainly COR lists is an option for you in this situation. Do this

1. Configure COR labels

2. Configure COR lists

3. Assign these COR lists on ephone-dn and on outbound dial-peers

Check the following doc to help you with the configuration process

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/security.html#wp1076871

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your suggestion. I saw the document, but the problem is if I need to follow this, I have to configure COR for all calling patterns and for all phones. Is there any other way, so that i can restrict only 1 or 2 phones not to make any calls other than local calls.

Regards,

Sagar

Hi Sagar,

As of now i can think only of COR to assign calling privileges in CME. By the way i agree that you will have to configure COR for all dialling patterns but you need not assign COR on all IP phones. If COR is not assigned to an ephone, that particular phone can make all outbound calls. Hence basically you will need to apply COR list to only those 2 IP phones in question.

Eg:-

Dial-peer cor list Manager

Member 911

Member 1800

Member 1900

Member local_call

Ephone-dn 3

Number 1003

Cor incoming Manager

Ephone-dn 4

Number 1004

Note: On the Ephone-dn 4 there is no COR applied.

With this configuration:

• Ephone-dn 3 (1003) can call 911,1800,1900 and local numbers.

• Ephone-dn 4 (1004) can call all the numbers possible from that           router.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

Can't we also block outbound calls with voice translation-profiles  ?

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi Alain,

voice-translation profiles can also be used. You can apply it to ephone-dn and do the job but it requires as much config as COR does IMHO. So it all depends on the person doing the config.

Regards

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your guideline. I have configured the COR and done what was required.

Regards,

Sagar