cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subsriber says Configuration Validation failed during install

Dushaune Evans
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the publisher from 7.0 to 9.1 and restored the back up. The cluster had a previous sub, I did not upgrade the sub I did a fresh install directly to 9.1 using the same IP as the previous Sub. During the install of the sub during the validating process where it reaches out to the pub to verify connectivity and to verify the sub is configured on the Pub... It says Configuration Validation failed. I verified that I have the correct hostname of the pub, verified the correct IP and admin  username and password. Has anyone run into this before???

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Evans,

Please explain in detail.

What I have understood that you had a cluster for version 7 consisting of Pub and one Sub, you took the backup for 7.1.

Other part is not lclear.

regds,

aman

I have a customer that is on and MCS cluster they are running cucm 7.0 and Unity 4.0. I back up the pub as the sub had issues. Then upgraded them to 9.1 on UCS when I go to add the sub it I get configuration validation failed. I verified that I can reach the pub and verified that the admin password, username and hostname are correct. The Sub is a fresh install of 9.1 and fails during the install

Is the sub defined on the pub as a server?

You will need to pull the install logs to get more details on the reason of the failure.

HTH,

Chris

Hi  Evans,

Can u share the snapshot along with install logs as asked by Mr. Chris?

hope while building u have entered correct credentials like security password , DNS in addition to what u are saying

regds,

aman